Nights of Future Death

At the ragged edge of Skyrael, far from the the smoke of the cities, the whistle of the railways and the whine of propellers lies the Castle, that towering, mechanical orchid, that fallen ruin of the Echo Clock. Enter its twisted maze of giant gears, discover its strange family of inhabitants and unravel its marvels, its mysteries and its horrors.

Nights of Future Death

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:53 pm

The moon casts shadows among the ruins of the town. Debris litter what once were streets and walkways. Once inhabited buildings stand empty and gutted by war and violence. The once thriving town now sits desolated and broken under a pale moon.

One of the moon cast shadows started to move in a way that a normal shadow does not. It moved, and in moving, coalesced into a human shape, one with large leathern wings, which were even darker than the night.

The winged human looked around, red eyes scanning the rubble, the pale face registering no emotion as it observed the area.

Satisfied, it moved out into the rubble-strewn street, where moonlight fully engulfed its shape, revealing to the full the vampire creature known as V.I.

He walked slowly, like a predator. He made no sound, even the slight wind make no noise as it passed around his black Inverness cape, which covered him from head to toe. He seemed relaxed, but wary. He did not anticipate any trouble, but, in this war, it paid to be careful.

He had walked barely five minutes before he heard a sound. It was a soft moaning; coming from one of the many ruined building that surrounded the vampire. He moved to investigate.

The starting something
V.I.
<font>The Vampire Squid From Hell</font>
Vampyroteuthis Infernalis
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:02 am

Soundlessly he moved, more like a wind or shadow, than a creature of solid form. His senses attuned to the environment around him.

He heard the moaning from nearby, as well as other sounds from local scavengers, human and otherwise. He smelled the blood of the unseen living creatures. He saw through the darkness as a normal human would see through daylight.

V.I. floated toward the sound. He did not make any noise, yet did not try to hide himself from any prying eyes.

Soon, he found the source of the noise. Inside one of the smaller ruined buildings, a young man was laying partially buried in some rubble. V.I. could immediately tell that he was badly hurt.

Silently, V.I. moved toward the wounded man and knelt down beside him. He gently placed his bare hand on the young mans forehead and concentrated. Within seconds, the vampire knew how badly this human was hurt.

V.I. looked into the eyes of the young man, keeping the mans gaze, as well as his attention on the vampire.

“Your wounds are mortal,” V.I. said with a gentle bluntness. “Your death will be slow and painful. I can quicken your passing, if you desire,” he suggested.

The continuing
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:06 am

The young man, who dressed in the manner of some solders of the latest war, a combination of battle fatigues and fashion, looked into the vampires’ eyes.

He was in pain, and he knew he was dying.

“What will happen to me, then,” he asked, a quiver creeping in his voice. “Will I become one of you?”

V.I. smirked. “No,” he said in a whisper. “You will not become such as I. I only offer you a swift passing, not everlasting life.”

The young man turned his head away from the vampire. He nodded.

With a stunning swiftness, V.I. snapped the mans neck, killing him. Then, before the mans heart stopped pumping, V.I. tore open the mans neck, and drank deeply of his blood.

Soon, the vampire rose up from beside the dead man. He casually wiped his blood stained lips with the back of his hand. He looked around, listening to the night sounds of this desiccated village.

He moved on, casually but slowly, aware of all that was around him.

The quenched
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:30 pm

Soon, at the center of the dead town, V.I. stood.

He listened, with all his senses, and heard nothing.

No, that is not quite correct. The vampire heard many things, from the roach’s skittleling about the rubble, to the moans of the dying. He heard the howling of dogs, and the threats of violence against him.

V.I. just had not heard anything of interest to him.

For he was seeking something, had been for several weeks. He has been looking ever since the carnage back at the Castle. He has been looking ever since one of the Castle residents shredded a half dozen others living there in a berserker rage.

Three were dead.

The others were healing.

He was tasked with finding the killer and dealing with the situation.

He was tasked with finding…

Lyra.

The troubled
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Mister Symphony » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:49 pm

(Great opening. Pity this place died on it's arse. My fault I think, partly. Let's see if what I can do about putting things right.)P
Mister Symphony
~In Loving Memory~

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 am

(Cool. But it's also partly my fault. Writers block and all. Should really get back to this. Will see what we can do.)

the still here
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:01 am

He continued his walk toward the center of town.

Still listening to the sounds of the desperate, the sounds of the anguished, the sounds of the dying, he walked, ever alert.

While he walked, he was aware that the towns’ shell-shocked inhabitants were watching his every move.

They knew what he was, and they also knew what he was capable of, this creature of darkness and blood.

They did not interfere with his movements.

At least the town still stands, more or less, the vampire mused as he drifted over a large creator in the middle of the main road.

However, it was becoming apparent that his prey, Lyra, was not here, if she ever was here at all.

Just as he was about to leave and seek shelter for the upcoming day, he noticed some odd scratches on a wall that was otherwise untouched.

Once he saw the marks, he knew where they came from.

The scratches on the wall were made from metallic feathers from metallic wings, Lyra’s wings.

The jumpstarting
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Nico Natasha Adair » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:24 am

with a flick of her thumb she lights her cigarette, takes a puff, inhaling it slowly. her eyes quickly dart to her left as she senses another of her kind. not knowing of he/she is friend or foe she moves farther back into the darkness of the ally her hand grips the butt of her Glock 36, shielding herself she says who are you and what do you seek?
The Brujah Prince
Nico Natasha Adair
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:09 am

V.I. stopped in his tracks.

He had heard the match strike and smelled the tobacco of the cigarette but did not pay much heed.

When the voice drifted out within earshot however, V.I. took notice.

He turned his head and looked through darkness toward Nico, a “young” female vampire with a thing for guns and motorcycles.

“I’m seeking someone, my dear,” he said softly.

“You wouldn’t have seen the metal winged demoness known as Lyra, would you?” he asked.

The questing
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Nico Natasha Adair » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:55 am

she relaxes a bit, though she keeps her hand close to her gun, taking another puff of her cigarette she slightly steps into the light and says well if i did i'd not be here now would i? what is it this winged creatures done for you to seek her?
The Brujah Prince
Nico Natasha Adair
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 pm

V.I. eyed his fellow vampire, all tough acting as many of the younger ones tend to be.

He also eyed the pistol not quite hidden on her person and smirked.

“Lyra has gone missing, after going berserk at the Castle. Now I must find her before more trouble is caused,” the vampire said. “Last I heard, she visited this place,” he indicated the night shrouded town, “and I hoped to find her here.”

He shrugged his shoulders, shaking his black wings a bit in the process, and gazed around the town.

“She has killed, and I fear she will kill again if she is not stopped.”

The giver of exposition
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 pm

V.I. suddenly strained every sense he had. Something just happened. He was not sure what, but there was something, just at the edge of notice, that put him on guard.

He turned from the biker babe vampire and listened for sounds that made no noise.

He looked for something that could not be seen.

It felt as if something had shifted. It was a small shift, but a shift none the less.

With a deepening frown, V.I. realized what may have happened. It was so subtle that he would not have noticed had he not been searching for another and using all his abilities to do so.

The ruined town looked and “felt” the same, but he knew changes were made. And he suspected that the entire world, as well as himself, also may have changed.

He turned again toward the gun toting vampire. “Be careful, little one, for I think times they are a changing.”

The just saying
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Sat May 29, 2010 4:42 pm

The vampire decided that being grounded may not be the most efficient way to search for his prey, so V.I. stretched out his great black wings and leapt skyward.

As he circled upwards on great beats from his wings, he tried to notice if there were any obvious clues to the location of Lyra or what may have happened during the shift.

Pondering it more as he gained altitude, the vampire was sure something had changed. He was not sure what it was, but he knew that a change happened, simply because this was not his first experience.

For V.I. was not from this world, but from another, a world called Earth, and when he first experienced this shifting when he was somehow transported from his world to here.

He realized that there would be one being on this planet who would know what had happened, and he was tempted to break off his hunt to find out more about this shift.

But, since there was no obvious change in him, and because he still needed to find Lyra, V.I. continued the hunt.

But what if this shift removed Lyra from this world, the flying vampire thought.

The still here
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Return to The Castle