whispers in the dark

At the ragged edge of Skyrael, far from the the smoke of the cities, the whistle of the railways and the whine of propellers lies the Castle, that towering, mechanical orchid, that fallen ruin of the Echo Clock. Enter its twisted maze of giant gears, discover its strange family of inhabitants and unravel its marvels, its mysteries and its horrors.

whispers in the dark

Postby gaybrial » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:40 pm

A low rumble issued out from the ground deep in the forest surrounding the castle. a column of dust erupted into the sky. Gaybe stood beside a hole in the ground dusting himself off. the clouds rolled continuously over his robes. He stretched his wings until they touched from one tree to another. His shoulders popped and he folded them back into place. he knelt and picked up the Earth Staff. Am i really back? i've really returned? this is insane. i wonder who's still around.

he started toward the front gates of the place where music and magic and fun reigned for years. he remembered the Balls and birthday parties and wars and battles.

he's put all his focus on mindspeech...LUCY I'M HOME!!!! the question now is was anyone there to answer the call of the angelic elder.
How many times have I tried to turn this world around?
gaybrial
Castle Resident

Users Information

That makes two of us

Postby thelostone2002 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:21 pm

A small wind picks up and the leaves in the trees seem to whisper a name.
<i>"Loooosssst..."</i>
Soon, a shadowy figure is seen walking alond a hidden path between the trees. A muttering is heard above the wind as the figure seems to stumble.
"Whos the hell put a root there?"
A few more words were muttered, and the word 'mulch' could barely be made out. The trees seemed to react to the word, and the roots sunk into the ground and the branches pulled back to reveal the figure.
Lostone stepped out from the brush and squinted as he looked about. A look of confusion crossed his face until he spotted Gabrial.
"Boy, I knew things would change,but this is a bit more than I expected."
He steps forward and pulls Gabe into a big hug.
"Good to see you again, my friend. Shall we wait togetherfor our welcoming party?"
"You know, they say that anything not nailed down isnt worth taking, but have you tried to pull nails with your teeth?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Darkling moved silently through the underbrush.

Postby darkling » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:09 pm

She soon spotted two figures in the darkness. Unsure, yet undaunted she righted her cameo and her usual appearance came to life.
Hello?
darkling
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Nico Natasha Adair » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:26 pm

in the distance a loud roar is heard as well as gunfire. soon three motorcycles can be seen speeding for the castle gates, riding the motorcycles are Nico, Lucian and Torgoth. as soon as they enter the guarded area they slow down and finally Nico sees some of the castle elders and carefully she rides up and says welcome back gaybrial, Lostone and darkling. sorry about the noise, sorry i can't stay and chat, very busy but your more then welcome to come and visit, our home is 30 mins past the trees as she backs her motorcycle up and turns it slightly to the left in the direction of the trees she says oh btw Lana and Laura are still here, i think you might find them in their room within the castle, seems like they spend all of their time there. looking at the two men with her she yells over the roar of her bike ok lets go they nod and their bikes roar to life and off they go
Last edited by Nico Natasha Adair on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Brujah Prince
Nico Natasha Adair
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Lana de Font » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:35 pm

hearing the sounds of motorcycles she gets up and heads for Laura's room. knocks on the door laura you up, if so can i enter your room?
Lana de Font
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Laura Burnham » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:57 pm

yes i am up, hold on be right there she stands up from the futon and opens the door hello Lana, i assume your heard the motorcycles too? *Lana* yes sounds like they have returned, you think they are home for good this time? *Laura* don't really know, seems the boss keeps em very busy as of late. you going to go to their house and visit now that they are home? *Lana* i might, if i do i will come and get you suddenly she turns to the window seems like they are not the only one to have returned home. *Laura* you think the castle will return to the sounds of footsteps, laughter and parties? *Lana* it's possible, only time will tell. come on lets go outside Laura nods and the two of them leave laura's room, out of the castle and to the gates. Lana opens the gates and says welcome home my friends, it has been to long since the castle has seen more then me and Laura, please come in.
Mrs. Laura C Orris
the banner is the link

go here to watch my vlogs
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo-98gUG1YHULhg0SLsc40A
Laura Burnham
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby gaybrial » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:13 am

As he makes his way toward the castle gates he hears <i>Loooosssst...</i> in his mind. he freezes and searches for the origin of the thought. <i>it can't be.</i> then he hears the muttering and feels the change in the forest as the tree limbs retract revealing Lostone. Gaybe is frozen by the sight of the brother who has been gone for so long. As Lostone pulls him into the hug the spell breaks and he pulls him to him so tight that for a moment neither of them are breathing. tears stream down his face they are surrounded by a golden white light that would almost rival the sun. "you're here. i can't believe you're really here." as he stands there holding Lostone for a while with the memories flooding back, he hears the approach of the others. "Yes let's go to our old rooms and see if anything's changed." he acknowledges the others with a nod. he walks again toward the castle not letting go of Lostone's hand afraid he'll disappear again. "now if we could only find Ristat and that pesky Dove the others will flood back."
gaybrial
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby LadyDove22 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:20 pm

"Pesky!?!" Dove shocked southern accent floated down to the others. Everyone looked towards the canopy of trees , already knowing the source of the noise.
"I've gots yo pesky" Dove said with a twinkle in her eye. She balanced on the tree limb and reached behind her , for god only knows what. The anticipation for those on the ground didn't last long.
A huge pie materialized in Dove's hand. But as she whipped it around to throw it at Gabe , she lost her balance from the weight of the pie. It flipped forward , taking Dove with it. She managed to spin in mid-air , hitting the ground in a not so graceful fashion , feet away from Gabe. The pie , that was a good four foot in diameter , landed on Gabe. The impact threw chocolate pudding pie filling in all directions. The sound of pudding hitting Dove's clothes sounding like shrapnel.

A smile crept across her face. Her slight dimples showing through the few speckles of pudding that managed to explode onto her face. They made her look as if she had freckles.

"So? What's up now?" Dove finished with a Clint Eastwood imitation "Punk!" lmao

~*Dove*~
Too far ..... too far!
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby gaybrial » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Gaybe stands up from the impact of the giant pie, and the filling, crust, and whipped cream just fall away to the ground leaving nothing tainting his beautiful stormy robes. "Do you really think i would call you names and not be prepared for the inevitable pie? Come, Dovey, you're getting a little predictable in your old age." he steps out of the mess and releases Lostone's hand long enough to take her in his arms in a tight hug, and kisses her thoroughly. "It's good to see you again beautiful." he takes her by the hand and takes Lostone's back as well. "now where are we off to? is it just me or does anyone else think that a Ball is in order?"
gaybrial
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ulali » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Dove gasped , eyes wide , "DID YOU JUST CALL ME OLD!?!?! " She said holding Gabe's hand , looking at Lostone in shock. "He just called me old!" Her mind totally focused on nothing but the fact that Gabe had called her old! "Why don't you just give me a walker for my birthday!?!! Or maybe some Bengay!?! Or some of those adult diapers!!!" She said continuing to rant , being totally irrational.

(I laughed the whole time I was typing this lmao )

~*Dove*~
As soon as your born they make you feel small .
By giving you no time , instead of it all.
Until the pain is so big you feel nothing it all.
They've hurt you at home.
And they hit you at school.
They hate you if you're clever and despise a fool ..
Till you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules.
(The late , Great)
John Lennon -
Ulali
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby gaybrial » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm

"listen, honey. i was around before the universe was created. i remember the darkness before the Light. i can call whomever i want old, and they still aren't as old as me," Gaybe says to her and squeezes her hand.
gaybrial
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ulali » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:15 pm

"Well" Dove said , thinking for a moment. "As long as you admit that you are older than I am." She nodded as if a big decision had been made.

"A ball?" She said , just now catching what Gabe had said previously. The words leaving her lips as if they were foreign.
"Um , yeah. But there is no one to attend." Dove felt as if she were home sick , even though she was already home. "Maybe something else , something we have never done in the castle before?" Dove thought really hard , trying to come up with an event that they had never done before.

~*Dove*~
As soon as your born they make you feel small .
By giving you no time , instead of it all.
Until the pain is so big you feel nothing it all.
They've hurt you at home.
And they hit you at school.
They hate you if you're clever and despise a fool ..
Till you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules.
(The late , Great)
John Lennon -
Ulali
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby gaybrial » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:38 am

"true. it's kinda hard to throw a party with no one to come."
gaybrial
Castle Resident

Users Information

Re: whispers in the dark

Postby thelostone2002 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:07 pm

(OOC: Sorry, was locked out until today, so yeah...)
Looking around at everyone that has come to greet them, Lostone feels a sense of home. The sensations and memories fill his body, making him shudder in a mix of emotions. So many things have changed, yet many still remain as they always were, and will always continue to be. He takes a deep breath, and lets it out slowly, easing the tensions from his shoulders.
"Man, it is so good to be home... You have no idea how much I have missed you guys."
He smiles widely and leaps into the air and reaches into the pockets of his coat and pulls something out of it. Shouting loudly, he throws the object towards Dovey and Gaybe.
"LOLLI RAIN!!!"
Suddenly, the air is filled with a whistling sound as the space between the three is filled with miniature projectiles. Small noises pepper the ground as the objects lodge themsleves into the earth, making a path towards the arguing duo. Upon closer inspection, the small missiles are found to be Dum-Dum pops that have been thrown with uncanny precision.
Lostone lands back on the ground in a cloud of dirt and dust, laughing at the looks on everyones faces.
"Oh come on, like you expected anything less?"
The joy on Lostones face does not match the hole within him, but he hopes that the display will be enough to keep everyone from questioning him about it.
"You know, they say that anything not nailed down isnt worth taking, but have you tried to pull nails with your teeth?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby LoneHeroDragon » Mon May 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Slumbering in the deepest recesses of his tunnels beneath the Castle grounds, hero silently stirred. His subconscious receded and his consciousness flooded back to the foreground of his tired mind. One eye slowly opened, followed by the other. He was forced to blink them both several times before a blurry version of a dirt-walled chamber coalesced before him. Shaking his scaly head, he forced himself up onto all four legs, his talons digging into the soft floor beneath him. He stretched his wings, neck and tail as far as they would go, brushing loose soil from the walls and ceiling.
How long had he slept? Where exactly was he in his tunnel network? He tried to puzzle out how he had even gotten down here.
Melting into his human form, he searched for his usual equipment. His quarterstaff, he clothes, his booze... they were lying in a heap by the entrance to the chamber. He quickly donned them and blinked his eyes, transporting himself to the Castle lobby. There was no way he was going to walk the hundreds of miles of corridors he had dug. Not when all he had to do was blink and think of where he wanted to go. Laziness ruled him lately and he went with it.
He saw nobody. He blinked again and he was deeper in the castle, one of the many hallways, lined with rooms where Castle residents used to live. it seemed that there were still occupied rooms, but anywhere near the amount there used to be. A few more blinks and he heard voices. He smelled... mayhem. Could it be?

Blinking one last time, he appeared in a room populated by Lostone, Gaybrial, Dovey, among others. Tiny lollipops fell in a shower of wrapped sugary goodness. He couldn't help but smile.
"It seems that this place isn't completely devoid of life after all."
LoneHeroDragon
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Lostone smiles as he feels the familiar draconic energy flow through the castle.
"Hey goob, we are out front. Fix your radar."
He dusts off as he looks around at Gaybe and Dovey.
"Ball is an old Idea, but when was a Ball ever just that? How many times did it ever turn into a food fight, or anything like that? I remember WAY back when we had a carnival, and one time we had a fighting tournament..."
Lostones' eyes glaze over as his mind goes back to the past, and to some of the people from his past. He feels a lump begin to build in his throat, and he swallows hard to force it back down. He looked at everyone elses faces to see if anyone had noticed the water building up in his eyes.
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby gaybrial » Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm

the lollipops bounce off my clothing, and i see Hero blink around the castle. *the hell is he doing?* i think to my self. i grab Lostone as he lands. " we coud do any of those things or just get shitface drunk." i say hugging him again. you're not good enough to hide your feelings from an empath like me, brother, but i'll be here when you want to talk. i send to him knowing that our connectoin is still strong as ever.
gaybrial
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Gaybes' voice echoing in his head stuns Lostone for a split second. He has been far to long away from others of his kind, and it had been a while since he had been around these abilities. He looks at Gaybe and smiles an empty smile.
Thank you, brother. My pain is my own to bear, though your sentiments are most appreciated.
Lostone looks around at the Castle, its walls showing the millenia it has stood. Small pebbles chipped away from the towering parapets and massive walls fall swiftly to the ground, the sounds echoing across the empty courtyard as if to try and bring back some life this this old dusty relic of a building. Lostone blocks off his thoughts, and speaks to the castle alone.
Well, my old friend, it seems that we both are the worse for the wear. I know the pain you feel, the small chips and dents all take their toll in time.
Suddenly, an idea springs into Lostones head. An idea that was rather unheard of in these parts, and was just crazy enough to work.
"Guys," Lostone spoke out loud. "I think I know what we can do, and it has never been done, much less even thought about around here before. Remember how most of the plans we ever laid out were balls that ended in destruction, or food fights, or whatever?"
Lostone paused for effect, and to let his sudden outburst sink in to everyone.
"What if, and I know this is crazy, but what if we actually did a remodel on this old place? Fix up the walls, redo the courtyard, plant flowers or some shit. Make this place look like it used to in the good days, when everyone was here, and happy."
Lostone paused for a minute as the idea rushed through his brain like a Chihuahua on Speed.
"NO! We can make it better, Stronger! We have the technology!"
A gleam flashed through his eyes, and anyone that knew Lostone would instantly be alarmed and slightly worried.

(OOC: Man, I hope someone gets the reference in there...)
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby LoneHeroDragon » Tue May 24, 2011 9:08 pm

"Since when do we have the technology? I thought I ate it all."
Hero appears with the rest of them out of nowhere.
(ooc: Okay, seriously, since when do I read the first few posts? You just have to overlook it if I somehow find you guys inside when you're outside or complain about the rain when it's sunny. Come on. I thought you guys knew me.)
LoneHeroDragon
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Tue May 24, 2011 11:38 pm

“We can build the first bionic Castle!” shouted V.I.

V.I. appeared out of nowhere, running toward the group in exaggerated slow motion, making beeping noises as he moved.

He stopped in front of the group.

“Sorry, about that, I couldn’t resist,” he said with a smile.

The not an astronaut who is barely alive
V.I.
<font>The Vampire Squid From Hell</font>
Vampyroteuthis Infernalis
Castle Resident

Users Information

Next

Return to The Castle