whispers in the dark

At the ragged edge of Skyrael, far from the the smoke of the cities, the whistle of the railways and the whine of propellers lies the Castle, that towering, mechanical orchid, that fallen ruin of the Echo Clock. Enter its twisted maze of giant gears, discover its strange family of inhabitants and unravel its marvels, its mysteries and its horrors.

Re: whispers in the dark

Postby gaybrial » Wed May 25, 2011 5:54 pm

well, love, we're here to help if you need it. he looks around the crumbling castle with lostone. "a facelift to this place wouldn't be so bad i guess."
How many times have I tried to turn this world around?
gaybrial
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:28 pm

(OOC: AHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks V.I. for not making me feel so alone in my dork-ness.)

Lostone glances at V.I. in wonderment (hope thats a word) as he runs by. Turning to look at Hero, Lostone laughs.
"'Bout time you got out here. I was starting to feel unloved. Thought you were going to leave me out here to the mercy of Gaybe and Dovey. And we all know how well that can go..."
He takes a look around, surveying the damage done to his home over the years. The walls could use some attention, and a lot of the roofing needed to be redone. The statue in the middle of the fountain in the courtyard had definitely seen better days, and it was hard to tell if the figure was male or female, or even human anymore.
The gardens needed some serious weeding, and all the flowers had died out ages ago. The ground was so parched and desolate, you could follow the cracks forever, if you took the time. The land was unusable in its current state, but with time and some care, it could have life once more.
The sky ahead brightened noticeably, as though the heavens knew what Lostone was thinking, and approved of his Ideals. He smiled with that thought. The heavens hadn't been very kind to him over the years, but then again, he hadn't been very kind in return either. Maybe this could be his was to settle some emotional debts he held, help him let go of the past by helping to brighten a future.
"You know, they say that anything not nailed down isnt worth taking, but have you tried to pull nails with your teeth?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby LadyDove22 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Dove was so excited , she almost jumped out of her skin. A large bag appeared on the ground and she quickly dove into it. She produced a nail gun (without a guard on it) and an air compressor from the depths of the bag. She then bounced up and down with the gun in her hand , the sound of the air compressor filling the air. "DO I GET TO USE THE SAW TOO!?!" She said with wide , happy eyes!

~*Dovey*~
Too far ..... too far!
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:31 pm

A feeling filled Lostone. A feeling that he was very unaccustomed to.

That feeling...was Unease.

The thought of Dovey with a Nail Gun and an Air Compressor was a dangerous thought. They were supposed to be rebuilding, and last he remembered, he was sure that anything like a Nailgun in her hands was quite the opposite.

Lostone looked to Gaybe with a pleading look in his eyes. This...cannot be good. He begins to back up slowly, wanting to be behind something solid before she starts pressing the trigger on the tool.
"You know, they say that anything not nailed down isnt worth taking, but have you tried to pull nails with your teeth?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby LadyDove22 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Dove pouted alittle , "Why doesn't anyone have faith my ability to use tools? I know how to use this thing!" She said lifting the gun up , talking with her hands. Nothing happened , until she put her hand down. She un-knowingly had her finger on the trigger , the weight of the gun coming down putting pressure on her trigger finger. A multitude of nails erupted from the gun , going deep into the ground , never to be seen again. The barrage of nails stopped when Dove finally got her finger off of the trigger. But that didn't stop the several gasps that quickly followed her next move. Dove lifted the gun up to look down the "barrel" of it.

"Ok, that wasn't supposed to happen. BUT! It's not like anyone was hurt!" She smiled to everyone else and started to walk towards them. They must have been slightly relieved to see that she couldn't walk , because she had nailed her pant-legs to the ground.

Dove made a strange face. "Maybe a staple gun would be better?"

~*Dove*~
Last edited by LadyDove22 on Sun May 29, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Lostone was glad that he had hidden behind a part of the broken fountain as Dove let off a few rounds. The loud shot of compressed air being released along with the sound of nails ripping through Jean material caused him to jump.
"Good Lord, love. I dont even think you would be safe with just a Stapler..."
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby Amatite » Sun May 29, 2011 6:20 am

The sounds outside woke the small frail woman from her deep sleep. Her emerald eyes opened for the first time in she didn't know how many years. When she saw the dust that encased her dresser drawers.... she knew it had been much longer than she had planned.

Opening the dresser and finding a flowing black summer type dress she put it on and walked barefoot to the window. She looked down and saw familiar faces that went to those oh so familiar voices. She hopped up to the balcony and jumped hands holding the dress down, allowing her flame kissed auburn hair drift far into the air above her, and drifted slowly to the ground.

Once her toes hit the ground she smiled. "It's been a long time everyone". Looking around she also said "and I see far too many have yet to return or awaken"...
This life is simply one of many, enjoy each as you can.
Amatite
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby LadyDove22 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Dove scoffed , pulling on her pant legs. "I really don't see , " She pulled alittle more on the material , "Why no one understands that sometimes , accidents happen and I just HAPPEN to be around when they happen!" She tugged some more on the material before looking up to see Amatite. "Oh! Hey! How are you doing today?" Dove said with a smile , as if she wasn't nailed to the ground she was standing on.

"It's been quite awhile since we last saw each other." She said , continuing to yank on the material. Giving up on tugging on it , she decided that jumping up and down might dis-lodge the nails. This , like most of her plans made on "the fly" , was not fully thought out. Her pants came off on her last jump into the air and she landed on the ground , feet away from her (still nailed to the ground) pants , on her butt. A pair of AC/DC boxer short now revealed , covered her , keeping her decent.

Dove made a strange face as she got up off the ground. She pointed to the pants on the ground. "See! I know what I'm doing!"

~*Dove*~
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby LoneHeroDragon » Sun May 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Hero blinked and was suddenly resting comfortably in the lower branches of a nearby tree. He watched the others continue to gather. He smiled, watching Dovey dart about with power tools. He waved at Ammy when she arrived and offered her a warm smile, as well.
LoneHeroDragon
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby gaybrial » Mon May 30, 2011 12:07 am

Nails bounced noiselessly off Gaybe as he watched Dovey yet again get herself into an interesting situation. "No you can't use a staple gun or a nail gun. you might get to use a hammer." He turned to see the flame-haired demigod walking toward them. "You've finally awoken!!!!" he yelled as he picked her up like a child and swung her around in a bear hug. "goddess i've missed you woman!" he put her down and kissed her forehead. he turned to address the group and especially Sean's assessment of the Castle. "I might not have the powertool skills that our long lost sister, Sidhe Melissa, possesses, but i can take care of one thing." he closed his eyes and dropped his head. his hands came together one over the other and mist gathered between them. the sky darkened and power emanated from him. the clouds opened and rain poured onto the castle grounds. power continued to flow from Gaybe, and the flowers began to grow in the beds and bloom within seconds. trees went into full bloom only to have to blooms fall and fruit start to ripen. the ground became soft and the grass began to grow. "welcome the return of the Archangel." he smiles to the soaked crowd. "......oops. Sorry."
How many times have I tried to turn this world around?
gaybrial
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Amatite » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Amatite smiled at Gaybe. "I've missed you too. I've missed all of you."
Amatite
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby LadyDove22 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Dove pouted a little. She walked over to her pants, grabbing onto them by the waist-band. She leaned back and gave them a good yank. The bottoms of the pant-legs ripping , throwing her backwards onto her butt. She stood back up, almost as if nothing had happened at all. She then put them back on.
"What about the saw?" She said , not even bothering to get hopeful about the possibility (probably because there was no possibility of it happening.) She batted her eyes at her friend's , hoping they would let her play with the power tools.

~*Dove*~
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Loston felt the power wash over the land as Amatite awoke. It was a warm, and comfortable power, and it made him feel a little more at home. Stepping out from behind the tree which he was hidden behind, he glances at the clouds gathering overhead.

"Aww, come on, I know I need a bath, but this is a bit rediculous."

The rains pour down from above, bringing life back to the grounds itself. The flowers and grass rose to drink greedily of the water. Even the walls of the castle seemed to take something out of it, as though washing the dust and dirt from the walls were giving things a new start.

Lostone liked how things were going so far, and held a lot of hope for the way things might turn out. But, just for giggles, Lostone took a powersaw from his pocket and handed it to Dove. He reached into another pocket and pulled out the battery pack.

"You break it, you fix it. Try not to hurt yourself or anyone else, would ya?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby LadyDove22 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Dove jumped up and down and squealed like a little kid. "I gotta saw ... I gotta saw ... I gotta saw , hey , hey , hey , hey!" She begins to laugh , dancing around with her saw , completely forgetting to plug it in or anything. She just skipped around in a circle with it, the happiest she had ever been in her life.

~*Dove*~
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:18 pm

(OOC: Uhhh, Dovey dearie... Its a power saw with a battery pack, not a powersaw with a plug... lol)

Lostone shakes his head, a big smile on his face.

"I think I am going to regret that rather soon. Well, Ladies, Gentlemen, and Genderless," he nods at Gaybe, laughing.

"Where shall we start?"

Lostone surveyed the grounds, making a mental note of all that needed to be worked on. Roofing, Structural repairs to the walls, repairs to the fountain and other decorations scattered about the grounds. The grounds had already started looking better for Gaybes assistance, but there was still much to be done to restore this ancestral home to its former glory.
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby LadyDove22 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:19 pm

( I knew that!!!! lol )

Dove stopped dancing for a moment and began turning around in a circle , looking for the cord (that doesn't exist). A hand tapped her on the shoulder, causing her to look over her shoulder. Lostone held out the battery for her. She smiled wide , "I was looking for that!" She said , pretending like she wasn't looking for the cord.

"SOOOOOO , where should I use this thing first?"

~*Dove*~
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Lostone looks around, before answering Dove.

"Uhhh, okay. First off, we need some boards cut to redo the supports on the covered balconies, and for any patios and foyer areas that have been damaged. Make sure that you make it sturdy enough to support an adults weight so that we can fix the shingles on top at the same time. When you have supports for all the overhangs, you can get fancy and make some decorative railings and bannisters for the stairways inside and outside the building. That should hold you over for a little bit. When you are ready, I should have something else lined up for you."

Lostone looked around at everyone.

"What? Nobody else was taking charge, so I had to. Hero, I may have a task for you, if you are interested. It would be rather suited to your abilities, if I do not miss my mark by too much. I need you to be our metalsmith. In your caverns, if you could find some ores and begin smelting them into useable metal for various functions as nails, braces, decorative pieces, et cetera. The more you can get us, the better. I will leave the design of the metal peices up to you, so go nuts."

Turning to Gaybe, he took a deep breath.

"Here is what I am going to need from you. I need you to talk to your buddies upstairs, and make sure we have good weather for this. We are going to need all the dry cool weather you can buy us. Second, Mr. Raining Healing guy, use your energies and bring back some trees, maybe some natural arches around the entrances to the Castle. Wrap vines, bend tree branches, grow mold, whatever. Okay, no mold, but you get the point. I would love to have some bench seats along the courtyard, maybe convince some trees to give us their roots for use, make it as natural as you like. I leave the gardening decorations in your capable hands."

Which left Amatite and (if he is still here) V.I.

"Ammy, love. If you are recovered enough to assist Gaybe in his assignment, that would be wonderful. Any help at all, I am sure, would be greatly appreciated. As for you, V.I., you have your choice in assisting either Dovey, or Hero. The choice is up to you. I have other projects to which I will be attending, but I will keep nosing around to see how progress is going. Alright, everyone? Ready? BREAK! Go team! And if anyone has any questions for me, just holler. I will be around."

Lostone lets out a deep breath and peers outside the walls. Several thoughts raced through his mind, and he wondered which of them would come true first.
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby LadyDove22 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Dove stopped dancing when Lostone rattled off a list longer than her arm. She blinked , only understanding half of what he was saying. She made a strange face when he turned away and started assigning tasks to the others. She wasn't sure what to do. But , she knew that cutting things was involved. So , she looked at the saw and then looked around her. And suddenly , she knew what she had to do.

"I'll be back!" She screamed , excited again. Dove disappeared through the trees.

~*Dove*~
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 pm

"This....might be bad."

Lostone stared at the space that Dove had so recently occupied.

"I just hope that she remembers what I needed her to do..."
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby Amatite » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Stretching her arms Amatite looked around. "I suppose that I could help Gaybe take care of a few things".
(ooc: sorry about the late reply, my laptop died ont once but twice this last month)
Amatite
Castle Resident

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The Castle