A meeting of happenstance

At the ragged edge of Skyrael, far from the the smoke of the cities, the whistle of the railways and the whine of propellers lies the Castle, that towering, mechanical orchid, that fallen ruin of the Echo Clock. Enter its twisted maze of giant gears, discover its strange family of inhabitants and unravel its marvels, its mysteries and its horrors.

A meeting of happenstance

Postby Thire » Wed May 18, 2011 9:55 pm

The stranger looks down the street, uncertain what may come to pass from his inquiries. It seems that he's forever been searching for this information and now may have a grasp on it. He surveys the land around him. Heavy rain bombards his frayed brown covering as bright lights seem to dance through the drops, taunting his grotesque figure. Outcast, freak, nothing are all names he had been given prior in his life, if that is what you call it. He wants to know what could create something such as he, but at the same time has a subconscious fear that he may not like the answer. The purple light from the tavern manages to give a strange ambiance to the gloomy evening.

It has some generic name, after the founder or some such, but is the best lead he has found so far in regard to his lineage. As he steps in the door, it feels as if he may not have to fear the pitchforks and guns. All manner of creature seem to present themselves as he scans the room for a corner of solitude. A voluptuous creature with reptilian skin croons the room with her sweet voice. He hides in the back and when the waitress comes, he just asks for a pint of mead. He seems to lose himself in her rhythmic movements, imagining the touch of something that his curse eludes him.

Just as it seems that he may never have to leave his mind again, a voice so.. infuriating snaps him out of his trance. A small, barefoot thing tells him that the mead is on the house, but hurry and leavesomething as he should not be among good people. "Figures," the man mutters to himself. He guzzles the entirety of his drink in seconds and heads for the door.

As he starts to leave, a voice erupts from the bar, "WAIT!"

Something with echoes of his form stands before. Plumed wings proudly emerge from behind the shoulders of this being, and it felt as if he was unable to continue his way out. He calmly joined the feathered one at the bar. The creature is strangely jovial and wants to know things about you that you yourself seek to find out. The staff seem scared by his continued presence, but his new comrade seems to command a certain respect in this place and none of them would dare speak an untoward word. You explain your reason for coming, that a pointy eared thing had suggested you may find some type of peace here before you crushed its vocal cords for a slight about your scarred face. "I am.. looking to see what could have created me, some shred of information so I can find the two that fed my existence and left me for dead." The man seemed to look through his soul and quietly stated "So my friend, you seek vengeance on those responsible for your creation," a smile twisted around his face, "that I can help you with, for the ones responsible live in the tattered remains of an old timepiece. Let me show you the way."
Thire
Castle Resident

Users Information

Re: A meeting of happenstance

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Wed May 18, 2011 10:48 pm

He wandered into the town on a very wet night, using his wings more for shielding against the rain than for what they were normally designed for. The town was smallish, and seemed a miss-mash of housing styles. Just like the inhabitants.

He had entered one of the few towns of this (new) world that seemed to have more non-humans than humans. It was here he hoped to pick up the trail.

After awhile, he found a tavern that sounded raucous enough to appeal to him and he drifted inside.

The light hit him as soon as he entered, delineating his pale appearance. His long brown hair was wet and slicked black from a high forehead. His black leathern wings shifted upon his shoulders to present the smallest profile possible. An old fashioned long coat kept his high collard shirt dry. His black riding boots were all muddy. Skinny hipster pants were tucked into the boots. A shoulder bag could be spotted under his coat.

As he strode to the bar proper, he eyed the crowed with his brown eyes. He saw the non-humans mingling with the humans, but there were obviously some patrons more accepted then others. He noted that people tended to give him a wide birth, causing him to smirk. He owned the room, and he enjoyed it.

When he got to the bar, glancing only briefly at the “peacock” and his scarred companion (a thought of a heavily made up Robert DeNero suddenly came to mind). He got the attention of the barkeep, who seemed afraid of the newcomer.

“I am looking for someone,” the vampire whispered softly, fangs showing in his smile, “and I am willing to pay,”

the searching
V.I.
<font>The Vampire Squid From Hell</font>
Vampyroteuthis Infernalis
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Thire » Fri May 20, 2011 9:36 pm

A stink of damp rodents seemed to enter as a new patron entered the bar. Another silly fanged bastard. It seemed like he had already taken care of dozens of these creatures on his way here. Still, something seemed different of this one. Usually his former captor's lackeys just attacked without a word, but this one was asking around for information. It seemed less feral and more conniving. His companion acted as if there was something to fear from this new combatant. You can smell the stink of fear on the feathered one as he quickly excused himself.

He moves to the back of the bar amidst the commotion and takes the chance to listen in on the conversation. If his master was using a different angle to get him back under his thrall it would be best to gather all information he could. He started to play with the idea of this castle that the winged one had mentioned, imagining his final retribution. He wallowed in the thoughts of finally being free of his vendetta so he could start anew.

It seemed to be just a moment, but while he was lost in his thoughts, the vampire had disappeared from the bar and he cursed his foolish mind. He had nearly no new information beyond what could only be the silly rantings of a mad man who wished to channel his anger into another's quest for revenge.
Thire
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Nico Natasha Adair » Fri May 20, 2011 10:15 pm

the roar of motorcycles can be heard and as always those who hear know who's coming. 30 minutes later all 6 bikes stop right in front of the bar, in walk five men and one female. the men are tall and muscular. the female stands 5'8" with brown hair and dark brown eyes and looks like she can handle herself. all 6 are clad in black leather. they sit down at a table, the female looks at the waitress then she leaves and returns with drinks. looking around the female sees a familiar face at the bar, she calls out hey V.I.
The Brujah Prince
Nico Natasha Adair
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Fri May 20, 2011 11:41 pm

V.I. sat down at a small round table. He would wait here for whatever info the barkeep would be able to find. He noted that the barkeep acted afraid, but the vampire could tell that it was just that, an act. One had to have thick skin to work in this place.

He noted that the “peacock” had left the scarred individual shortly after the vampire got to the bar. Without looking directly at the other stranger, he knew he was being looked over with decidedly unfriendly eyes.

From his new vantage point, the vampire could see all and hear all. This was a place of rumor, of gossip, of… information, and right now, he needed anything he could get, for the trail had gone cold.

Just then, the loud noise of pimped out motorcycles filled the bar, drowning out all but the loudest conversations. Soon, in walked the owners, all leather and swagger and fangs.

He smiled at the greeting the most diminutive of the lot gave him and he nodded back.

“Well, look what the Harley’s dragged in,” he chirped.

The somewhat distracted
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Thire » Sun May 22, 2011 10:27 pm

After the observation seemed to wield no positive results, he decided that it was time to make his move. The vampire was seemingly waiting on the bartender, but he knew that there could be no reason for one of its ilk to be here other than to imprison him again. His muscles tensed as he was ready to end another one.

Just as he was about to make his move, the sound of a group of angry dragons erupted outside and a group of lowly humans wandered in. Nothing impressive. Should just ignore them, killing humans brings attention. The female seemed to know the vampire, still nothing but your run of the mill humans that think themselves something greater. The fact that the vampire seems to know them and possibly act of a free will makes you rethink the situation.

It's time to end this game. He takes the cloak off, revealing your form of tough gray skin, seemingly stone, but with large gashes and cuts adorning it. He walks to the bar with the vampire and states "Outside. If you're sent by the one I believe you to be then your body should prove another message that I will not be restrained."

He walks out of the door, with his wingspan becoming clear in the lightning strike outside.
Thire
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Mon May 23, 2011 11:31 pm

As the winged grey skinned being made his demand to join him outside, the scarred being turned on his heel and strode out, leaving V.I. to ponder what was going on.

The vampire arched his right eyebrow, as he noticed just about everyone in the establishment was waiting on him to do something.

He briefly thought about ignoring the guy, but figured that staying put would be worse than accepting the invite.

With an audible sigh of annoyance, he stood up to his full height and spread his own blackened wings, and then he walked purposely toward the door.

He swung them open and walked out into the darkness, not showing the slightest bit of fear or concern.

He was confidant of his abilities to defend himself.

“Right, stranger, what is this all about?” V.I. said into the darkness.

The waiting
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Nico Natasha Adair » Tue May 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Nico hisses, did this stranger not know a vampire when he sees one. she watches as he and V.I. leaves the bar and she knows somethings not right. with lighting speed she's standing on the roof top along with her male friends. she will not let anyone hurt or kill her family and friends but she also knows that V.I. may not like her interfering, knowing that V.I. knows she's there she just watches for the time being, her Glock and her katana on her in case she needs them.
The Brujah Prince
Nico Natasha Adair
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyroteuthis Infernalis » Tue May 24, 2011 11:44 pm

V.I. looked around in the darkness.

He noted the rain and the darkness and the eyes of various human and non-human watchers.

He allowed himself to be rained on, folding his wings so that they formed what appeared to be a protective cloak upon his shoulders.

“Well, what threats have to be delivered to me? Just for the record, your existence means not a whole lot to me,” the vampire said, “but if you really need a lesson in pain, I am in a mood to oblige,”

the standing in the rain
V.I.
Castle Resident

Users Information

Return to The Castle