Moonlit Journey

At the ragged edge of Skyrael, far from the the smoke of the cities, the whistle of the railways and the whine of propellers lies the Castle, that towering, mechanical orchid, that fallen ruin of the Echo Clock. Enter its twisted maze of giant gears, discover its strange family of inhabitants and unravel its marvels, its mysteries and its horrors.

Moonlit Journey

Postby Redyna Omashu » Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 pm

She padded soundlessly on moccasin-clad feet past ancient and majestic trees, blooming shrubs, struggling flowers and creeping vines. The browns and greens of her clothes helped to conceal her presence from those who would do her ill. The dark brown cloak billowed in around her in the slight breeze. Her almond shaped, burnished gold and skyfire blue flecked, forest green eyes and slightly pointed ears took in everything around her from the smallest rustle to the bright blue of the Moonlight Jasmine flower. Her thick blood red hair was twisted into a heavy braid which was draped over her right shoulder. A quiver full of arrows, fletched in feather a shade lighter than her hair, hung across her back, the paired longbow was clutched in her left hand. A bone handled knife in its leather sheath decorated her upper left thigh while a serrated bone knife dangled from her right hip. A leather band wrapped around each wrist. A leather thong adorned her throat from which dangled a series of precious stones. The light from the full moon, though filtered by leaves of the trees, was enough for her forest accustomed eyes to see by.

She knew not what called for her, she knew only that something or someone called her.
Redyna Omashu
Redyna Omashu
Castle Resident

Users Information

Re: Moonlit Journey

Postby thelostone2002 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am

Lostone sits solemnly in the treetop canopy overhead, curled into the embrace of a rather comfortable set of branches. The moonlight that filters through the leaves of the tree dances over his face seductively. The wind rustles through the branches, catching his hair in its tender embrace. His eyes open a slit as he senses another lifeform approaching cautiously.

"Well well. Who do we have here?"

He remains in his perch, not wanting to alert the visitor. She seems to be rather on edge, and rather well armed to just be jumping out at. Even though Lostone knew he could handle his own, it just wouldn't be polite, nor chivalrous, to startle a lady. He pulls a set of Panpipes from his duster and begins to play a slow, beautiful melody. The wind even seems to pick up a little, as if to carry the tune far and wide.

The melody mixes with the sounds of the woods almost seamlessly, as though the trees and wind themselves conspired to make the music their own. The branches rustle together to add a soft scratching noise, as leftover rainwater falls from branches to land on a hollowed log for a bass rhythm. The wind even rips through knots and whorls in the trees, whistling around to sounds as voices to the tune. Even the local Fauna chirp in, adding their voices to the ever growing Symphony of the Night.

Lostone sets the pipes on the branch beside him, letting the air flow through the pipes to continue the music. Slowly dismounting from his cradle in the treetops, he slowly floats down to the forest floor. His eyes flash bright blue in the darkness, emanating a soft light. Those unaccustomed to such things were always caught off guard, but not many that found their way to these parts were unaccustomed to much. The light was of a magical variety, that made the darkness a little clearer, without ruining a persons night vision.

With the aid of the light, the newcomer was more clearly able to see her greeter. Lostones duster coat had seen better days, the bottom hem becoming frayed from so much use. His boots, once kept shiny and polished, had become covered with dirt from the road and scuffs from travel. His blue jeans had been worn so much that their color had faded to a blue so light it borderen on white. Which made it hard to distinguish where the jeans ended, and his white work shirt began.

"Greetings, traveller. I am the one known as Lostone. You may be at ease here, child. For nothing in this forest is outside our control, and no harm comes to those who seek to cause no harm. May I ask the purpose of your arrival? Mayhaps I can help direct you?"
"You know, they say that anything not nailed down isnt worth taking, but have you tried to pull nails with your teeth?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby Redyna Omashu » Fri May 27, 2011 12:25 am

As the breeze picked up, her sensitive wars twitched as they picked up a melody of sorts almost as if the trees and animals were singing. A couple more paces and she stopped to determine from which direction the threat would come. Her head turned slowly left and then just as slowly right, taking in everything around her.

She had just shrugged it off and was braced to take a step when a figure suddenly appeared. Her impression of this figure at first, was not in good regard. Though the figure had all but announced it's presence she was startled into a defensive position, though she was loath to admit she was startled even to herself.

Her eyes narrowed in suspicion as his, for after the first word was spoken by him she realized it was a he, voice drifted over her ears. The words were an unexpected formality in the common tongue. Nothing on the journey so far had surprised her, until now.

The words that flowed from between her lips were slow in coming as they were translated from languages she knew fluently.

"May the moon light your way when true night falls," she said in greeting of her own as she rose from her defensive posture. She wondered briefly if this was who was calling her but she could still feel the pull, hear the call so she continued though reluctantly. "I am simply wandering. Going where ever I feel I must go. Learning of myself in different places of this world of ours." She thought it prudent to not mention the feel of the pull, the call. She did not believe it was the type of information a virtual stranger needed to be in possession of.
Redyna Omashu
Redyna Omashu
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Laura Burnham » Fri May 27, 2011 8:47 am

she's so into the book she's reading that she does not see or hear Lostone and runs right into him. like a frighten child she drops her book and gives a small cry, she hurries to pick it up while saying i am so sorry, please forgive me Lostone. it's long before she notices the female, Laura's only human yet she's knows many different kinds of creatures of the land but this women scares her. her child like eyes widen with fear, she moves behind Lostone, she kind of wishes that Lana and/or Nico was here as well.
Mrs. Laura C Orris
the banner is the link

go here to watch my vlogs
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo-98gUG1YHULhg0SLsc40A
Laura Burnham
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Coie » Fri May 27, 2011 3:00 pm

She's resting peacefully for once when she feels a hard tug at her guts, the tug telling her that she has a duty to fulfill. With a heavy sigh she flips out of the comfortable hammock, and makes her way to the only real piece of furniture in her room--a writing desk. Deftly, she pulls a quill and bottle of ink from the drawer, tossing them onto the desk along with a piece of parchment.

It's then that the tug becomes a sickening feeling and her eyes glaze over. There is no longer any attachment between her mind and body as the quill dips into the ink and the words flow over the parchment. Her writing implements are already taken care of by the time she comes out of the trance and takes a look at what has been written. Hmmm....very interesting. Poor kid. Carefully she folds the parchment, placing it into the small leather bag she carries with her.

From the balcony outside her room, Cesh extends her mind, searching for the strange energy that she felt before. It doesn't take long, it's like a bonfire on a moonless night, impossible to miss. Her wings spread and she takes flight.

When did I become the mailman?
Coie
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Lostone draws laura close behind him, unsure of their guests intent. He turns to Laura and silently reassures her that she is in no danger from the visitor. He turns back to the newcomer, and bows before her in traditional eloquence.

"My apologies, if my appearance has startled you. I still have yet to become used to new faces around here. It is not often that I must exercise restraint in my greetings. I am used to people that are more aware of our....interesting....habits."

Lostone chooses his words carefully. The newcomer seemed uneasy, and he had promised someone he would play nice.

"My name is Lostone. I am one of the Elders of this place. It is mostly a graveyard anymore, but it used to be such a place of Magnificence that it was beyond description. Hopefully, though, with effort we can return it to its former Glory. But! I digress. If your reasons for being here are personal, then that is how they shall remain. I do not pry into the lives of others, t'would be rude, especially having just me you, young Ms....?"

Lostone trailed off, leaving the oppurtunity for the lady to introduce herself.
"You know, they say that anything not nailed down isnt worth taking, but have you tried to pull nails with your teeth?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby Redyna Omashu » Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 pm

She spared a glance for the woman who seemed a child before returning her gaze to the one who posed more of a threat. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and shifted her stance just slightly. She opened her eyes as she settled her bow across her back.

"My name is Redyna* Omashu and I am searching for something. I do not know what or whom at present. I just know there is something calling me and I am one who answers when called."

She then gave her attention to the woman who was using Lostone as shield. "Forgive me if I have frightened you. This forest...is not one I am used to. The dangers here are unknown to me. I apologize for my rudeness," she said with a small bow of her head.

()()()()()()()
*Redyna pronounced Raydeena
Redyna Omashu
Redyna Omashu
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Laura Burnham » Sun May 29, 2011 10:49 pm

she relaxes a bit as lostone reassures her. when Redyna finishes speaking Laura says i should be use to this by now...i mean i do live within the castle where so many of the inhabitants are non human. my name is Laura
Mrs. Laura C Orris
the banner is the link

go here to watch my vlogs
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo-98gUG1YHULhg0SLsc40A
Laura Burnham
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Lostone notices that Redyna was still on edge. He couldn't blame her though, being unsure of what brought her here nor sure of what awaited her here when she did arrive. He remembered that his first visit to these grounds ages ago, was very similar to what she must be feeling right now.

"My apologies if I startled you. I know that these parts are quite....different....then most people would expect. May I be the first to welcome you to our Home?"

Lostone offers his hand to Redyna in welcome.
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby Redyna Omashu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:02 pm

She looks from hand to eyes multiple times, wary, waiting for the trap that may be hidden beneath the perceived sincerity. Gingerly, a hand ventures across the abyss to the other, ready to retreat at a moment's tremble. Her hand clasped his in a firm grip.

"I graciously accept you're greeting of welcome. May take a bit but I am certain I will be amenable to this place."

She glances around as she relaxes slightly before releasing Lostone's hand. She takes a step back before settling against the tree that was right behind her.
Redyna Omashu
Redyna Omashu
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Lostone eased up on his alert as he noticed that Redyna seemed to settle in just the slightest. As she leaned against the tree, Lostone heard the voices of the wood whispering to him. He closed his eyes, and listened to a voice that was both familiar and new to him. It was the voice that he knew from eons ago, but it had a new tinge to it. It had changed with age, as had everyone else he knew. He gave the wind its time, as he knew the elements were timeless, and were never in a hurry for anything.

"The forest wishes to let you know," Lostone translated to Redyna, "That though you are unknown to them, they wish you no harm."

Lostone explains further.

"Normally the forests around here are quite wary of unknowns. but they sensed something about you that seemed..." He smirked at this next part.

"They said you seemed harmless to them. Whether they meant that you could do nothing to them, or if they meant you WOULD do nothing to them, I cannot say. The minds of the elements are not mine to know, I am afraid. But rest assured that even though the forest is watching you, you shall come to no harm."

Lostone let out a sigh, releasing the rest of his tension. The wrinkles that etched his face diminished, leaving only laugh lines that lined his mouth. It was a rare occaision anymore that Lostone was able to completely relax around anyone. Something about the air in the woods just seemed peaceful, leading to an atmosphere that begged for stressless people.

The music continued being carried by the wind, the forest channeled the tune far and wide. Lostone took the oppurtunity presented to him, and took a seat leaning on a nearby tree for support. His eyes closed as he listened to the melody, letting the tranquility of the moment fill his body.
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby Redyna Omashu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 am

She closed her eyes as her head tilted to the side of its own accord as she listened to the forest play its music. As she listened she felt as if she could just curl up between the roots of the majestic oak against which she leaned. She sat abruptly shaking her head trying to dispel the magic of the forest's music. It was not as if she did not want to relax, she simply could not afford the time delay. As it was she was behind on her journey even though it was hard for her to tell how much time has passed. She just felt as if it was time to continue on.

She stood and stretched slightly before taking a couple steps while glancing around out of habit. She noticed Lostone was looking very relaxed so did not want to disturb him by saying a farewell. As she passed him on silent feet she thought of herself as a coward yet could not bring herself to care.
Redyna Omashu
Redyna Omashu
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:10 pm

The slightest breeze wafted over Lostone, stirring him slightly from his relaxations.

"I see you are in a hurry, well then, let me do away with such pleasantries so that you may hurry on your way."

The wind slowly died down, making the music fade out softly. Lostone stood up and stretched his legs and back. He looked in the direction that Redyna was heading.

"Might I join you, maybe keep you company, and provide an extra arm in case of trouble?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby Redyna Omashu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:49 am

She stared hard at the one in front of her as she deliberated. On one hand an extra set of arms, eyes and ears would be of tremendous help. On the other hand she did not trust the one before her enough to put her life in that much peril.

"No. You will not accompany me on the rest of this journey. This is a journey I must continue on my own. Do not follow me, or you will face the consequences." With that being said she dashed off into the shadows of the forest not looking back.
Redyna Omashu
Redyna Omashu
Castle Resident

Users Information

Return to The Castle