Silently Loud Musings

At the ragged edge of Skyrael, far from the the smoke of the cities, the whistle of the railways and the whine of propellers lies the Castle, that towering, mechanical orchid, that fallen ruin of the Echo Clock. Enter its twisted maze of giant gears, discover its strange family of inhabitants and unravel its marvels, its mysteries and its horrors.

Silently Loud Musings

Postby RaeGreywolf » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:39 am

The air bristled with electricity as the clouds roiled with the thunder of a dangerous storm. Standing in the middle of it all, upon the grassy ledge of a steep cliff, was a solitary woman. The wisps of wind that whipped her long hair whispered urgings in her listening ears; yet, she remained stoically still as if not hearing a sound. Liquid brown eyes gazed over the raging horizon as if searching for something...or someone.

Time, a silly terminology with such a serious meaning, stood still in the vast valley. Trees, animals, and abodes appeared untouched by the passing of time as if repelled. This small, yet monstrously large valley sheltered the numerous pieces of a fragile, multi-shattered heart. It was the soul that kept this lone woman alive and because of her love for this land, she stood ever vigil.
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Re: Silently Loud Musings

Postby Ravendra » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:52 am

Ever changing, Shadowe, now wearing her trusty black tank top and black combat trousers, wanders the woods aimlessly. Rain starts to fall and she looks to the sky. "Wet," she thinks, ever the incarnation of Captain Obvious. She lets the water hit her face, eyes closed, as she keeps walking.

Bump.

Person in the way! Shadowe opens her eyes and sees a woman two inches from her nose. More importantly, she realises she was about to walk off a cliff.

"Er. Oops. Sorry!"
This is who I am
Escapist, paradise seeker
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby RaeGreywolf » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:05 am

A slender brown quirked at the touch of the other woman, but no other movement was made. The rain continued to fall, soaking both women, until honey-brown haired woman nodded. With the wave of a fingerless gloved hand, the immediate area surrounding both women became suddenly dry. The rain continued to fall, but next to them.

"Hello." Rae turned around and took in the sight of the wet women standing before her. It took only a slight moment before recognition set in. A slow smile began to appear. "Daydream walking again, were you?"
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ravendra » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:15 am

Shadowe grins, now recognising Rae.
"Always!" she replies. "I'm going to resist pounce-hugging you just because of the cliff, but know that it's happening in my head." She nods. "In my head."

Marvelling at the dry spot in the middle of the storm, she reaches out to feel the rain outside of the little circle, as if to check that yes, this is really happening.
"Nice spot you have here. I like the view!"
She looks up at the clouds.
"Did you make the storm as well?"
This is who I am
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby RaeGreywolf » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:33 am

Rae shook her head and looked towards the horizon again. "No, I did not cause this." The clouds continued to rumble, but the rain began to lessen. "Although it is not always bad when Mother Nature gets angry. The water is much needed to maintain the beautiful green of our valley." Rae fell silent and began to walk towards the edge of the cliff, still looking outward. "What musings were wandering through your mind?" she asks as she kneels down to pick a wildflower.
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ravendra » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:56 am

"Um," Shadowe replies, watching Rae pick up the flower.
"Something about... rain being wet?" She looks uncertain. "I don't think much these days. I just sort of... 'am'."
She sits down on the cliff edge, feet dangling over the drop.
"I like rain," she comments. "I like the wet and the rhythm and the life giving. Grass looks better when it's green."
She looks up at Rae with a weird, almost empty, grin.
This is who I am
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:03 am

As Shadowe sits down and lets her legs dangle over the side of the cliff, her feet meet a little resistance. Followed soon by a slightly muffled voice.

"Ow, that's my face."

Lostone changes his hand grip on the cliff wall, grasping a different groove in the granite wall. Moving his body weight slowly to the left of Shadowe, he is able to pull himself up over the lip of the crevasse. His fingerless black workout gloves grasp a large rock jutting from the grass at Raes feet and his arms bulged slightly as he uses it to pull the rest of his body up and onto the horizontal plane. He sits next to the rock and leans back against it as he takes a deep breath in and out.

Pulling up the bottom of his white t-shirt, he wipes the sweat/rain mixture from his face and eyes. He looks around, taking in the view and his unexpected company with the deep hazel pools that were his eyes. He reached back as he surveyed the landscape and started to wring out his shoulder length black hair and pulled out the string that was keeping it all tied back.

"Cheaters. You guys took the shortcut up here, didn't you? Nobody likes to climb anymore. Hell, it's not even fun if you use a harness these days... Of course, the rain was a nice addition for difficulty." He thumps the ground softly next to him before speaking again as he looks up to the sky.

"Thanks, Mother! You know I am always up for a little challenge." He turns and winks at Rae with his usual half cocked smile. Leaning forward, he loosens the ties on his hiking boots and unclasps the ties keeping his pant legs bloused just above the tops of his boots. "Oh, now THAT feels good."
"You know, they say that anything not nailed down isnt worth taking, but have you tried to pull nails with your teeth?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby Ravendra » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:44 am

Shadowe giggles.
"Sorry! But does this mean I can nickname you Foot Rest Face?" She grins. "You have a little..." she says as she eyes a bit of dirt from her boot on Lostone's brow before he wipes his face. "Never mind. You got it."
This is who I am
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby RaeGreywolf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:19 am

Rae snickered at Shadowe's comment. "I like the nickname." She carefully placed the flower on Lostone's head and turned back to look out over the valley once more. The weather was beginning to calm and the sun was starting to peep through the dense clouds. With a smile, Rae turned around and began to descend the cliff the way she had traveled. Less than a hundred yards from the cliff's edge stood a strong tree that was as large and as old as maybe the valley itself. Sitting next to the tree, watching with keen eyes, was Rae's ever loyal companion, Grey. The silver wolf tilted his head as if to question if she was finished. "Yes, Grey," Rae spoke. "We are ready to travel back to the valley." Grey's blue eyes darted behind Rae to watch the other two as Rae continued past the tree and began to walk towards the field of flowers.
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ravendra » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:09 am

Shadowe blinks. Twice.
"She left!"
She turns back to Lostone.
"I like your new flower hat, though. Suits you." She grins widely.
This is who I am
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby RaeGreywolf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:13 am

The comments of her friend drifted through the breeze and into her listening ears. Rae put her hands together for a moment and then gently blew across her fingers. The wind began to swirl before her. Carefully, Rae reached down and plucked a pink flower from the field of flowers and placed it onto the swirling cloud pedestal. Satisfied, Rae waved her hand and the cloud drifted over to Shadowe.
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ravendra » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:16 am

"Ooh, pink!" Shadowe exclaims excitedly! She grabs the flower and places it on her own head.
"Hat twins!"
This is who I am
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:22 am

It was Lostones turn to blink. Twice.

"Well, that was unexpected, but YAY hat twins!"

Lostone throws his hand up in the air for a high five.
"You know, they say that anything not nailed down isnt worth taking, but have you tried to pull nails with your teeth?"
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby RaeGreywolf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:27 am

Grey skipped over to where Rae was standing in the field of flowers. Ever the children. He sniffed a couple of the flowers and then picked one with his teeth. He looked at Rae expectantly.

Rae rolled her eyes and mock sighed. "If you insist." She took the flower and gently weaved it into Grey's fur before picking another flower and placing it in her hair. "I look ridiculous." She smiled anyway.
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ravendra » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Shadowe grabs Lostone's hand and instead of giving him a high five, stands up and drags him up with her.
"Yay!" she exclaims, and starts dancing, pulling Lostone along with her. Sort of careful not to get too close to the edge, she leads them further into the field.
This is who I am
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby RaeGreywolf » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:57 am

Rae continued to walk at a leisurely pace through the field of flowers; not really headed in any particular direction it seemed. Although her two friends were behind her, she knew exactly where they were and wasn't very concerned. Her amber brown eyes gazed forward, not seeing anything of the physical world, but seeing everything at the same time.

A gentle bump against her leg disturbed her thoughts. Grey was walking beside her, but leaning somewhat like a drunk dog would. "Grey, you can go run and play if you would like." Nearly a hundred yard away, a twig was snapped. Rae knew there were other wolves in the area and could tell that Grey wanted to play with them. Grey turned his massive head in her direction as if to make certain. Rae nodded and Grey bounded away to play with the other animals.

A few feet further, the end of the flower field became visible. As the flowers began to fade, thick green grass became more prevalent. Rae continued to walk until she reached the one tree that did not match the others in the area. It was a very large weeping willow. Underneath its branches, yet protected at the same time, was a blanket and a very large basket. Right on cue, Rae's stomach growled.
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby thelostone2002 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:49 am

Lostone yells out, suddenly being dragged from his perch on the cliff.

"So, wha-OOOOAAAAHH!!! We're are you taking me? I have legs, and they are so obviously not broken."

Lostone stumbles, trying to regain his footing whilst still being dragged across the field by a very excitable young lady.
thelostone2002
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Return to The Castle