Real.

At the ragged edge of Skyrael, far from the the smoke of the cities, the whistle of the railways and the whine of propellers lies the Castle, that towering, mechanical orchid, that fallen ruin of the Echo Clock. Enter its twisted maze of giant gears, discover its strange family of inhabitants and unravel its marvels, its mysteries and its horrors.

Real.

Postby neodracula » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Real.

He thought it in the same second it became true, for a moment the idea existed in his mind, intact but already losing significance. Then the world swept in and carried the thought away. Of course he was real, he was drenched wasn't he? He was tired wasn't he? Neo knew who he was, he was the poor idiot walking through ankle deep mud, soaked through despite his leather jacket, lost and starting to despair of ever being found again.

The mud had gotten into his boots, so that even when he was walking on a solid surface the squelchy discomfort continued. Slowly and irritably he made his way upward, finally reaching the top of a small hill and getting his first glimpse of his destination.

Real.

The Castle rose above him, dead black against the sudden white of the lightning. A solid shape that was at once strange and familiar. Neo sighed, stumbled, cursed and dragged himself onward. Nearly there now. This was home, the only question was: who lived here now? Unbidden he found his hand resting on his gun. Maybe the world had changed, but some things hadn't. Either way, it was at least somewhere to get out of the rain.

Neo stomped onward, closing the distance between his memories and the present, the rain continued to fall thoroughly unmoved by the solemnity of the moment.
It's just a case of misdirected lust.
A lifestyle that was never meant for us.
neodracula
Castle Resident

Users Information

Re: Real.

Postby LadyDove22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:34 am

A repeated "pssssst" sound came from one of the trees along the walkway. When Neo looked up , his eyes met a purple stare. The eyes were not unusual for inhabitats of the castle.... it was the rest of the thing that was odd. Purple stripes adorned the cat that was hanging upside down by it's tail. And it's smile completed the cheshire look. "Ello !"
Too far ..... too far!
LadyDove22
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby neodracula » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:32 pm

"Would you tell me please, which way I ought to go from here?" Neo said, then wondered why he had said it.

He relaxed. Strange though it was the thing was just a cat and it looked oddly familiar. Not that familiar was automatically a good thing, but still.

Neo inclined his head slightly in greeting.

"Hello cat."
neodracula
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ravendra » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:45 pm

"Caaaaat!!!" Shadowe yells, running towards the purple striped creature. "Cat! Oh my god! Cat! I love cats!"

:P
This is who I am
Escapist, paradise seeker
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby neodracula » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Neo turned, his gun lined up on the new arrival. Another sense of familiarity but once again that didn't prove anything helpful. Whoever and whatever this was, she didn't seem hostile, but in Neo's experience people running shouting in your direction were rarely good news.

"That's close enough." He said, keeping his voice level. "You and the cat can bond later. First: Who are you? And second: Did you bring me here?"
neodracula
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Ravendra » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Shadowe stops, and cocks her head. She looks at the gun with curiosity, having not seen one of those in a long time.
"I'm... um," she stops to think. "Shadowe. They call me Shadowe. Because I'm... shady?" Her voice takes on a questioning tone. Then she grins. "I wear black!" she informs Neo. "Makes sense to me!"

Taking a tentative step towards the cat, testing limits, she keeps her eyes on Neo's.
"I didn't bring anyone anywhere. Maybe They did." She looks a bit unsure again. "You know. Them."
This is who I am
Escapist, paradise seeker
Ravendra
~Site Admin~

Users Information

Postby neodracula » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:14 pm

"Yeah..." Neo lowered his weapon. "Them.....Always bringing people places. Very inconvenient."

This didn't help at all, this woman was clearly mad, and his only other source of potential information was a talking cat. He considered this last thought: Given that he was talking to a cat he probably shouldn't discount anyone else's sanity out of hand. He looked back to the girl. "Alright....Shadowe," He slid his gun back into its holster. "I'll be honest with you, I have no idea who They are. Who I am is also less clear than I'd like right now but we're not here to talk about my issues. We're not sure why we're here but it's probably not that, also I'm not entirely sure what most of my issues are. I'm probably incredibly rude, that seems like the kind of character defect I'd-." He paused, aware suddenly that he was babbling "Anyway." Neo continued more calmly "They, with the ominous capitalization. Who's They?"

He paused, then before Shadowe had a chance to respond he suddenly said: "Have we met?"
neodracula
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby RaeGreywolf » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:22 am

Interesting. The rain began to fade the closer the stranger became to the castle, but the wind continued to blow. It was the wind she enjoyed the most. It was strong and demanding, but at the same time it was gentle and calming. Honey brown eyes watched as the purple cat appeared from seemingly nowhere and a smirk appeared. She's up to no good. With a soft sigh, she pushed away from the castle wall that she was leaning against and began to walk a wide birth around, yet towards, the stranger. As she approached, she began to realize that she knew this traveler.

Before she could call a greeting, the screams of glee reached her sensitive ears and she couldn't help but roll her eyes as she listened to Shadowe bound towards the cat. Let's hope this particular "kitty" really does have nine lives. She began to pick up her pace, but halted immediately the moment a weapon was leveled on her dear friend.

Once honey brown eyes quickly turned a deep, fiery red. No one pointed a weapon at any of the castle inhabitants. With a whistle incapable of being heard by the human ears, she called for her wolf companion to hunt. As the weapon was holstered, she realized the person wielding it seemed very confused. It was time for proper introductions.

One second she was more than a hundred yards from her two friends, but as quickly as the wind whipped around them, she was standing behind the intruder. With grace and skill learned from many years of war and battles, she plucked the weapon from it's holster before it could be grabbed. She knew there were other weapons, but she wasn't worried. She knew this weapon....she knew this 'stranger."

"Welcome home, traveler." Her voice was soft, barely a whisper, but certainly heard by all those near. She held the weapon up by a pinky. "I don't suggest using these...unless you plan to hunt food." She waited to see if she would be recognized, realizing that memories were probably very faded for her friend.
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby neodracula » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Neo turned slowly. He didn't reach for his sword, he wanted to reach for it but the whole: threatening people with weapons thing wasn't a good way to make friends. Also the newcomer had managed to get behind him almost before he'd noticed her presence, certainly too fast for him to react to it. Probably not a woman to get into close combat with.

Assuming she was a woman. Assuming he was a man.

"Look Lady, I have no idea who you are, but I really like my gun. so..." Neo paused, that same damn feeling of familiarity again. He'd lived here once, it made sense that he'd know some of the inhabitants, so why was it all he was getting was a vague itchy feeling at the back of his mind? She clearly knew him, or thought she did.

"Okay, maybe I do know you. It's all kind of unclear right now. But I want my gun back. I'm not planning to shoot anyone with it, but I feel better knowing I have the option to."
Well that sounded bad, Neo sighed.
"I mean: I feel better being able to defend myself. We can't all do the... swoopy ninja thing you just did."
neodracula
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby RaeGreywolf » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:29 am

The tone of uncertainty laced with severe confusion and iced with despair was all she heard. She turned the weapon around and presented it to him grip first. "Certainly," was all that she said. She gave a sharp whistle and Grey trotted to her side, his eyes on the visitor. When he reached her side, she gently began to pet his head. "This is Grey, my companion." Grey snuffed air from his muzzle as if in acknowledgment of what she said. "And I am Rae Greywolf," she quietly informed. Her eyes were a soft yet deep brown as she gazed towards him, but never really at him. She maintained her high level of vigilance. "As for the ninja thing," she shrugged. "Years of practice."
RaeGreywolf
Castle Resident

Users Information

Return to The Castle