coming back home

At the ragged edge of Skyrael, far from the the smoke of the cities, the whistle of the railways and the whine of propellers lies the Castle, that towering, mechanical orchid, that fallen ruin of the Echo Clock. Enter its twisted maze of giant gears, discover its strange family of inhabitants and unravel its marvels, its mysteries and its horrors.

coming back home

Postby Laura Burnham » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:02 pm

a taxi pulls up to an old but sturdy gate and out steps Laura, she breaths in the warm night air and breaths out slowly. the driver pulls her luggage out of the trunk and she pays he. she barely lays a hand on the gates and they open, grabbing her luggage she walks up to the castle and she opens the doors, walks in and in no time at all she is back in her old room. tired she gets into her nightgown and curls up under the warm covers and is fast asleep.
Mrs. Laura C Orris
the banner is the link

go here to watch my vlogs
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo-98gUG1YHULhg0SLsc40A
Laura Burnham
Castle Resident

Users Information

Re: coming back home

Postby Laura Burnham » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 pm

stretches as i wake up, gets dressed and heads downstairs and out to the woods. i wonder if anyone is around still?
Mrs. Laura C Orris
the banner is the link

Laura Burnham
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyre_Steele » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Steele was still back in the castle...having not yet gotten around to knocking on nearly all the doors in the castle...because that would take his full immortal life to accomplish...

He mused around the common rooms for a while hoping to catch a glimpse of somebody...even one living or non-living soul...He found none...

He meandered up to his room in the towers...opened the door and looked at all the cobwebs...
"Fuckin' Spiders"

He looked around with a look of disdain...Thinking there was no way there should be this many spiderwebs unless Dovey was messing with him...

He closed the door resolving to get a maid and returned to his search...feeling certain and sure that there was at least one person still around this place...He headed for the front gate...
Vampyre_Steele
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Laura Burnham » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:49 pm

right as i reach the woods out of the corner of my eyes i spot someone. i turn and look, it takes a few minutes but i think i recognize the person. i yell out HEY, STEELE IS THAT YOU?
Mrs. Laura C Orris
the banner is the link

Laura Burnham
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyre_Steele » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:39 pm

His keen ears pick up her voice...Sounds familiar...

He takes off at a light jog across the castle grounds towards you...still not totally sure who he was jogging to...but happy to have found at least one soul still here...
Vampyre_Steele
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Laura Burnham » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:45 pm

as you get closer i can see clearly and i say hey you, long time no see hun, you have been greatly missed! my smile is like a welcoming beacon as is the laughter in my voice where on earth have you been and when did you get back?
Mrs. Laura C Orris
the banner is the link

Laura Burnham
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyre_Steele » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Just arrived earlier this evening

He glanced around at the surroundings taking in all the sights before his blue eyes came to rest on her...

I have been around the world a few times...living amongst mortals and gaining joy off watching their trivial affairs...

I have fought in mortal wars...I have slept with mortal women...seeking all that the rest of this planet has to offer...Turns out that in the long run...the heart still years for home...

He falls down backward in the moonlit grass and a smile creeps across his face...

~V. Steele~
Vampyre_Steele
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Laura Burnham » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:08 pm

i sit next to you and breath deeply the night fragrance and as i look up to the moon i ask did you enjoy the women? tell me about the wars and your travels.
Last edited by Laura Burnham on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs. Laura C Orris
the banner is the link

Laura Burnham
Castle Resident

Users Information

Postby Vampyre_Steele » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:49 am

He looks up at the moon again...collecting his thoughts...

War is not something to talk about...even if the people I killed were mere mortals...It was just as any war here ever was...Bloody and violent...

I have seen much of the world...Bahamas, Rome, Paris, Japan, Australia...Even the North Pole...I have seen art at The Louvre, and Sculpture in ancient ruins...The mortal world is a pretty fascinating place to be honest...

He glances at her, then back up at the sky...

The mortal women of earth are nice...they got all the meat in all the right places...good tasting blood....but very fragile...They break easy...definitely the women of the castle are a different breed...

~V. Steele~
Vampyre_Steele
Castle Resident

Users Information

Return to The Castle